My Library email reminders are missing/late
A series of email reminders from Halifax Public Libraries have caused confusion.
- If you have received an email asking you to return a Library item and you have already returned it, please know this email was sent in error and we have addressed the problem.
- If you have received an email informing you that your hold is ready to be picked up and the holding period is set to expire on April 19, April 20, and April 21, please know we have extended the deadline to the end of day April 22.
- If you did not receive an email notification about holds that came in during this period, and these holds have now expired – we apologize sincerely. Please let us know and we will happily re-request any such titles and ensure you are next in line to get them.
Automatic email reminders about borrowed items and holds were unknowingly held back from April 8-19 due to a technical error. When the error was corrected, a flood of old reminders were sent to Library customers.
Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We are better together.
If you have any continuing concerns about the status of your account, then please do not hesitate to call your local branch.
What's Up - Library News & Notices
- Awards of the Halifax Regional Library Board
- Library Celebrates Nova Scotia’s Acadian and Francophone Roots
- March Break Chess Tournament winners
- Update on "connection is not secure” alerts for users of modern browsers
- Women Newcomers Invited to Conversation group at Tantallon Public Library
- New, cheaper parking rates for Halifax Central Library
- Free pass introduces new Canadian citizens to cultural experiences
- PEOPLE and TIME/LIFE bookazines no longer available
- Preview your renovated Musquodoboit Harbour Public Library and Recreation Office
- 37 titles added to Zinio e-magazine collection
- Let the Sunshine In: Library opens new art space at Central Library
- Library Launches New Brand and Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Ghost Stories for Stormy, Winter Nights
- Fun, Fearless, Frank: a new podcast called HOTCity
- Expanded printing and photocopying services