Learn more about the Library's new shared space. How will it provide a better experience for you?
Musquodoboit Harbour Public Library’s building was due for major renovations.
Out of necessity came a chance for both Halifax Public Libraries and Parks and Recreation to create vibrant new spaces.
On January 25, we held a community gathering for Musquodoboit Harbour residents to see the results, and now we want to share the enthusiasm with all Library community members.
Halifax Public Libraries and the Halifax Regional Municipality are excited to share the 2017 updates planned for our Musquodoboit Harbour location.
In four-pages, you will see:
- photos of what the Library/Rec Centre will look like
- floor plans of then and now
- an introduction explaining how we got here
A launch point for growth
"Libraries are built for people to enjoy. We will continue to create modern spaces that offer excellent technology, furnishings, and amenities to foster discovery, creativity, and social engagement. Your Library experience will be purposeful and surprising." – Ideas to Action 2017-2021: Halifax Public Libraries Strategic Plan
What's Up - Library News & Notices
- Two nights, two sites, one continuing conversation with Life of Pi author Yann Martel
- CBC Radio recording at Captain William Spry Public Library, March 28
- Update on "connection is not secure” alerts for Firefox users
- Women Newcomers Invited to Conversation group at Tantallon Public Library
- New, cheaper parking rates for Halifax Central Library
- Free Income Tax Clinics have begun. Register now.
- Free pass introduces new Canadian citizens to cultural experiences
- PEOPLE and TIME/LIFE bookazines no longer available
- 37 titles added to Zinio e-magazine collection
- Let the Sunshine In: Library opens new art space at Central Library
- Library Launches New Brand and Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Ghost Stories for Stormy, Winter Nights
- Fun, Fearless, Frank: a new podcast called HOTCity
- Expanded printing and photocopying services