Women In Conversation at Tantallon
Women, Welcome to Tantallon's conversation group
Are you a woman and a newcomer living in the Tantallon area? Do you want to practice speaking English with others?
Women in Conversation is a safe space for women to gather weekly and talk about their lives and new experiences.
The conversation group is free and open to all women new to Canada.
Each week, a trained volunteer leads the group discussions and names a topic for conversation. Women bring questions about experiences from the past week and everyone takes the time to listen and support each other.
How to join
To join the Women in Conversation group, call our friendly staff at 902-826-3330 or come to the Library and tell staff you want to practice speaking English.
We have a seat waiting for you!
"Libraries are places where people build connections to ideas and with others. We will provide all people with opportunities to develop stronger connections to their community, particularly when they encounter changes, and adjust to new circumstances. You will feel connected." - Halifax Public Libraries Strategic Plan 2017-2021
What's Up - Library News & Notices
- Awards of the Halifax Regional Library Board
- Library Celebrates Nova Scotia’s Acadian and Francophone Roots
- March Break Chess Tournament winners
- Problem with email reminders corrected
- Update on "connection is not secure” alerts for users of modern browsers
- New, cheaper parking rates for Halifax Central Library
- Free pass introduces new Canadian citizens to cultural experiences
- PEOPLE and TIME/LIFE bookazines no longer available
- Preview your renovated Musquodoboit Harbour Public Library and Recreation Office
- 37 titles added to Zinio e-magazine collection
- Let the Sunshine In: Library opens new art space at Central Library
- Library Launches New Brand and Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Ghost Stories for Stormy, Winter Nights
- Fun, Fearless, Frank: a new podcast called HOTCity
- Expanded printing and photocopying services