Set Your Reading Goal
Need help deciding how many books you should choose for your reading goal? Here are some tips!
- Pick books that are just right for you. Chapter books, graphic novels, audio books, comics—from the Library or from home—they all count!
- Ask your parents, teacher, or friendly Library staff for advice.
- Keep in mind other activities you do during your summer vacation that may lengthen or limit your reading time.
- How many books do you usually read in a week? Multiply that number by eight (8) weeks to get a realistic goal. If you plan to read an extra-long book, your goal might need to be lower.
- Pick a goal to last all summer. If you start the program later, multiply the number of books you usually read by the number of weeks left in the program. We will start taking book reports on July 2, 2013.
- Your reading goal must be at least three (3) items.
The last day to report on your reading and pick up non-draw prizes is September 7, 2013.