How Do I : Renew My Books?
Renewing Books and DVDs
Most items can be renewed up to two times. You can renew your library materials by:
- contacting a branch library in person or by phone
- using the automated telephone service at 490-5845
- using Discover: The Library's online catalogue
You should have your library barcode number ready when you renew.
(TIP: Fines will not be charged on items renewed before 10 p.m. on the day they are due.)
Renewing Books Using the Catalogue/My Account
Login to My Account
- Enter your library barcode in the top box (no spaces necessary).
- Enter your personal identification number (PIN) at the bottom.
- If you do not have a PIN, use the last four digits of your phone number.
- When you login, you will see an "account overview"
Go to your list of books.
- Click "Checked Out / Renew"
- You can sort your list of items by clicking "title”, "item barcode", "out", "due date" (so you can see what items are due next) or "times renewed".
Notice how many times the item has already been renewed (you can only renew twice).
Choose the items you wish to renew.
- Click the box(es) next to the items you wish to renew.
- If you want to select everything, click the box at the very top (in the dark blue border)
- Click the "renew" button.
Confirm that you do not need to return any items.
- You cannot renew items that are Rapid Reads, are on hold for someone else or that have already been renewed twice.