Halifax Public Libraries is a place of discovery where people gather to create, to explore, and to learn. In order to achieve safe and welcoming shared spaces we expect everyone to treat library customers, staff, and property with respect.
- You are welcome to film and record your library visit. Please respect the privacy of customers and staff, asking permission before including them in your photos, videos and audio recordings
- Service animals and animals in authorized programs are welcome in the library
- Eating is permitted in program and meeting rooms or in designated areas where available
Conduct that is disruptive, unsafe, prevents the enjoyment of the library by others, or interferes with library operations is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Soliciting, canvassing, unauthorized selling
- The use of strong scents and odours
- Unreasonable noise
When conduct is inappropriate staff may limit access to services or request individuals to leave library property. Illegal activity, including damage to library material and property, may result in cost recovery charges and/or prosecution.
Library staff may request to inspect bags and carrying cases. The Library is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
Library staff will apply policies in a fair and respectful manner.
Revised: October 2013.