And the winners are...
This year on March 11 and March 22 the annual March Break Chess Tournament was held with school-age children participating from all over HRM.
Winners in each category received a trophy from the Chess'n Math Association, the national organization for scholastic chess in Canada.
The winners for the three different categories are:
1st place: Omar Shafi from Ihsan Academy
2nd place: Rachit Mittal of Kingswood
3rd place: Emma Bryson of Ambrae
1st place: Asher Christiansen of Halifax Independant
2nd place: Taim Farhat of Sacred Heart
3rd place: Zein Farhat of Sacred Heart
1st place: Brandon MacDonald of Auburn Drive
2nd place: Rikuto Nakayasu of Oxford
3rd place: Dulhan Naimdappuwa-Waduge of Halifax West
All of these players are past or present participants of the Dartmouth Junior Chess Club, which meets every Saturday from 1-4 p.m. until May 27 at Alderney Gate Public Library.
New players are always welcome, please contact Don Bidgood at 902-463-7667 for more information.
The library wishes to thank the many parents and volunteers who helped out on the day of the tournament, and all the players who participated.
What's Up - Library News & Notices
- Awards of the Halifax Regional Library Board
- Library Celebrates Nova Scotia’s Acadian and Francophone Roots
- Problem with email reminders corrected
- Update on "connection is not secure” alerts for users of modern browsers
- Women Newcomers Invited to Conversation group at Tantallon Public Library
- New, cheaper parking rates for Halifax Central Library
- Free pass introduces new Canadian citizens to cultural experiences
- PEOPLE and TIME/LIFE bookazines no longer available
- Preview your renovated Musquodoboit Harbour Public Library and Recreation Office
- 37 titles added to Zinio e-magazine collection
- Let the Sunshine In: Library opens new art space at Central Library
- Library Launches New Brand and Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Ghost Stories for Stormy, Winter Nights
- Fun, Fearless, Frank: a new podcast called HOTCity
- Expanded printing and photocopying services