Browse the world's largest newsstand with RBdigital, opens a new window.
Keep up with world affairs or the latest celeb gossip—wherever you are, for free! RBdigital has more than 200 magazines for you to browse.
Download magazines straight to your device so you can read them later, no internet required. With no checkout limits, due dates, or hold lists, you can keep issues checked out for as long as you like. Previous issues are also available for most titles.
How to: Get started with RBdigital
New to e-books? RBdigital is available on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Head over to the Apple App Store, opens a new window, Google Play Store, opens a new window, or Amazon, opens a new window and install the free RBdigital app.
- Open the RBdigital app and register for an account. An email address is required.
- When asked, enter your library's name (that's us!) and your library card number.
- Search RBDigital's collection and start reading!
If you want to use RBdigital on your computer, you need to go through Halifax Public Libraries' website. Click on 'RBdigital' under 'E-Library' menu at the top of any page to get started, and click on 'Register' to create an account.
Don't forget to write your password down somewhere safe so you don't forget it.
Using the RBdigital app
- To browse the selection, tap the menu button in the upper left corner and select 'Magazines'.
- To search, tap the magnifying glass. You can search by title, genre, and language.
- Tap on the magazine cover to see more details, check out, and view all previous issues.
- Tap on 'Checkout' to add a magazine to your account, and 'Download' to save to your device.
- To delete, click on the 'x' icon on the corner of each magazine.
RBdigital offers two ways to view magazines: a traditional magazine layout and a text format. Play with your settings to find the reading experience that's right for you. Swipe left and right to flip through the magazine.
Note: Some users are encountering an issue where the green "Read" button is not working for a recent checkout. If you encounter this issue, visit the “Checked Out” screen in your menu options, and click the green “Read” button that appears below your titles – do not click on the magazine image itself. RBdigital is aware of this issue and is working on a solution.
Looking for more detailed information about RBdigital? You can find that here, opens a new window.
Extra help: Watch our how-to tutorial on Niche Academy