You have choices to make. Start here to find your answers.
Know Your Vote at Halifax Public Libraries is a collection of information to support you in preparing for the 2020 Halifax municipal election. Click on the boxes below to get informed, and be prepared to tick the boxes on Election Day.
This is election information made simple.
- Voters’ List & Infoline: 902-490-VOTE (8683) or 1-844-301-VOTE (8683).
- Online municipal resource: halifax.ca/city-hall/elections
- Email: email@example.com
- October 5: Last day to get on the Voters' List for telephone and electronic voting.
- October 6-14: Telephone and electronic voting.
- October 10 and 13: Advance voting days.
- October 17: Election Day!
Districts & Candidates
What is my voting district?
Your voting district is based on where you live.
- Click here to go to the HRM District Look-up map
- In the search bar, type the name of your street. A box will appear with some district info.
Who are the candidates in my district?
This link will bring you to the official list of candidates running in the 2020 municipal election. Or call 902-490-VOTE (8683).
Districts 1 to 8
Districts 9 to 16
Learn More & Get Involved
Download & Share: Know Your Vote FAQ
Click the image below to open, then right click and choose "Save" to download.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
There are plenty of resources available to help you. Call the Municipal Elections office at 902-490-VOTE (8683) or 1-844-301-VOTE (8683). You can also email the Elections office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a Library staff person when you visit the Library about the municipal election, or you can call Ask the Library at 902-490-5753.
Disclaimer: Know Your Vote is a purpose-driven project to bring accessible election information to community members who live in the electoral districts of the 14 branches of Halifax Public Libraries. We are committed to ensuring that no candidate in the 2020 municipal election is provided with an unfair advantage through this project. If you suspect the information on this page to be inaccurate, you can connect with the Library by emailing email@example.com. To clarify or verify information, please reach out to the HRM Election Office.