When you move to a new country or city, many everyday questions pop-up that seem too silly to ask and various cultural courtesies are largely unknown to you. A lot of newcomers join the Library's English Conversation Group program to get reliable answers from knowledgeable volunteers.
What a difference you will make
Success in English Conversation Groups is highly determined by our volunteer facilitators. For years, we have attracted experienced adults who know how to balance planning lessons with guiding natural conversations.
Could this volunteer be you?
Current open volunteer spots
As of September 15, we have lots of volunteer opportunities for this popular program. All sessions of English Conversation Groups are seeking volunteers to meet the demand of participant requests.
- Central Library, Thursdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
- Keshen Goodman Public Library, Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Woodlawn Public Library, Tuesdays, 10:30 - 11:30 AM
- Virtual, Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
- Virtual, Tuesdays, 1:00 - 2:30 PM
- Virtual, Thursdays, 6:00 - 7:30 PM
To learn more about the program and to apply, visit our English Conversation Group information page for volunteers.