Leading Readers is a program that pairs teen volunteers in the community with elementary school children ages 5 - 10 who are struggling or reluctant readers. These pairs meet once a week to read together, play educational games, and explore books through fun activities.
- 15 years of age or older?
- available Wednesdays from 4:00 - 5:15 PM from September 26 to December 12, 2018?
Why you should become a Leading Readers Volunteer:
- Do you love reading? Love kids?
- Do you want to give back to your community & develop leadership skills?
- Do you want to help a child practice reading, play games & share the joy of reading!
Fill out a Youth Volunteer Application (also available at the Information Desk at the Library) and drop it off the the branch.
Want to know more?
Contact Doreen Shea at (902) 476-6179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.