Leading Readers is a program that pairs teen volunteers in the community with elementary school children ages 5 - 10 who are struggling or reluctant readers. These pairs meet once a week to read together, play educational games, and explore books through fun activities.
- 15-18 years of age?
- available Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 PM?
Why you should become a Leading Readers Volunteer:
- Work with a young reader every week to get excited about reading.
- Take part in leading group games and activities.
- Gain valuable experience that can be used on your resume.
- Meet new people, have FUN, and develop your skills!
Please note: weekly attendance is essential, as library staff and children in the program will be counting on you!
Fill out a Youth Volunteer Application and drop it off at the Library by Sunday, September 16th.
Want to know more?
Contact Claire Leger at (902) 490-6410 or email@example.com.