Woodlawn Public Library is nestled between Downtown Dartmouth and Cole Harbour—at the heart of our community. We make regular visits to Eastern Passage, and have a bookdrop at the Tallahasse Recreation Centre. Our large, bright space was once a movie theatre and now boasts:
- High ceilings, lots of natural light, and plenty of comfortable seating.
- A 100 seat auditorium that is perfect for film screenings, lectures, and other events (we kept part of the movie theatre!).
- Study rooms that can be booked for private use.
- Dedicated spaces for kids and teens.
- A range of technology resources: iPads, Chromebooks, public computers with WiFi, printing, a variety of software, and even an Xbox and PlayStation 4.
What to expect
You'll find traditional library services enriched with plenty of tailored support—our staff and volunteers are committed to providing personalized services to empower our community.
On a typical day, you may find:
- Children receiving literacy support in one-on-one sessions, or in groups with teen volunteer mentors.
- A local entrepreneur working remotely or attending a 1-on-1 small business session.
- Families using the children’s space for social time and play.
- Volunteers and learners working together to practice English.
- Seniors playing games or attending our famous free movie matinees.
- Teens enjoying our welcoming, safe, and friendly space.
- Seniors learning new technology skills.
- We occupy a renovated movie theatre. Our space is 23,713 square feet with 27.7 foot ceilings.
- The original branch opened in 1975; we've been in our current space since 2010.
If you're feeling like a trek, we're conveniently located near Portland Lakes Greenway.opens a new window