Our 14 locations across the Halifax Regional Municipality are important hubs that welcome and reflect their unique communities. These dynamic spaces are launch points for personal and community growth. They're places where everyone can feel at home.
Renewing our facilities to respond to ever-changing needs is a priority for us. From big capital projects like the new Halifax Central Library to updating our existing branches, we continue to invest in modern spaces that offer excellent technology, furnishings, and amenities to foster discovery, creativity, and social connection.
Recently completed projects
- Alderney Gate Lobby & Entrance (2022)
- Dartmouth North Renovation (2021)
- Central Library , opens a new window(2014)
- Halifax North Memorial (1966): A unique location, built as a living memorial to victims of the Halifax Explosion.
- Spring Garden Road Memorial Library (1951-2014): Halifax's first public library and a memorial to local men and women who served at war.