Log on and enjoy. As a library member, you can use public computers and other devices for free when you visit any of our locations.
All branches have public computers and printing facilities.
- You can book a computer in advance.
- You'll need your library card to book a computer and sign on.
- To make sure everyone gets access, some locations have a daily time limit or there may be limited access during planned events.
- Our public computers have internet access and a mix of software, including Windows Ease of Access Centre.
- Some locations also have assistive technology workstations.
If you're looking for a computer with specific software or capabilities, we recommend calling your local branch to see what's available.
- Use one of these lightweight laptops for up to 2 hours during your visit. If no one is waiting to use it next, you may be able to use it for longer.
- This is a great option for surfing the web and using a variety of web applications.
- Chromebooks are available at all our branches.
- Use one of these touch screen tablets for up to 2 hours during your visit. If no one is waiting to use it next, you may be able to use it for longer.
- Our iPads come pre-loaded with a range of apps, and are a great option for surfing the web, reading an e-book, or even playing Angry Birds!
- iPads are available at all our branches.
We've got talking pens! These handheld devices are an engaging and memorable way to practice and hear new languages while you're reading at the Library. Just run the tip of the PENPal across the pages of our special dual language books to listen to stories in English and one of over a dozen other languages.
- Use a PENPal at any of our locations for up to 3 hours during your visit.
- PENPals are vailable at Central Library, Keshen Goodman Public Library, and Woodlawn Public Library.
Video game consoles
A number of our locations have PlayStation and/or Xbox video game consoles that you can use during your visit.