Making a difference
When you make a donation to the Library, you have a lasting, positive impact on your community.
Few places level the playing field and bring the community together like the Library. We're committed to providing free access for everyone to a diverse collection, vibrant spaces, and engaging events. Whether big or small, your donations help make this possible.
Ways to give
One of the easiest ways to give is to make a donation online.
The form only takes a few minutes to complete and allows you to:
- Make personal or corporate donations
- Set the amount of your donation as a one-time or recurring gift
- Give to the area of greatest need or request that funds go to support a particular area
- Make tribute or memorial donations in honour of someone
You can also make a donation by:
- Visiting any of our locations in person
- Calling us at (902) 490-5763
- Mailing the printable donation form to: Halifax Public Libraries, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4P8
When you give
- You will receive a tax receipt for all donations of $10 or more.
- For each donation of $25 or more, you have the option to have a bookplate placed in a book in our collection to acknowledge your donation. You can choose the book, or we can, and you can pick the text for the bookplate—it's a great way to honour a friend, colleague or favourite teacher, or to remember a loved one.
Donating books and other items
We accept donations of some books and audio visual materials, either to add to our collection or sell in branch book sales.
Find out more about how to donate books and other items.