You can access the internet for free at any of our locations using wireless internet (WiFi) or a public computer.
- To use WiFi, you don't need a library card or a password - just a WiFi-enabled device.
- To connect, open the wireless settings on your device and select the Halifax Public Libraries network.
- Please use the Library's network responsibly.opens a new window
You agree that:
- You're fully responsible for your actions.
- Your use of these services will be lawful and respect the rights and interests of others.
- You're aware that your information is not encrypted (protected), and you're using these services at your own risk.
Tips for connecting to the WiFi
- Keep in mind that internet speeds may vary depending on the time of day, the number of people using the network, and the types of activity on the network.
- Check that WiFi is enabled on your device. For example, if you're using a phone or tablet, make sure that it's not in 'airplane mode.'
- If you're having trouble connecting to the WiFi, you can:
- Disconnect and reconnect to the Library WiFi network (this can typically be done in your device settings).
- Close and reopen your internet browser.
- Restart your device.
- Check with our staff to see if there are any issues with the WiFi or if they have any tips for connecting your particular device.