- Do you enjoy cooking and sharing your enthusiasm with others?
- Are you concerned about food security issues in your community?
- Do you want to learn new skills and meet new people?
Get Your Apron On!
Help us whip up a variety of edible and educational experiences for all ages. We're planning a series of food programs promoting the joy of cooking and the benefits of healthy eating.
We’ll provide everything you need. And yes, even the apron.
How to get started
- Take a look below at what opportunities need your help.
- Click the “Volunteer Now” link to submit your online application.
- Library staff will connect with you to set up a brief, virtual interview.
Keep checking back. We'll be adding new projects.
Community Lunch Project
Who will you be helping? Anyone who could benefit from having a free, tasty, and healthy lunch. Packs are available at the following local libraries:
- Alderney Gate Public Library
- Captain William Spry Public Library
- Central Library
- Halifax North Memorial Public Library
- Sackville Public Library
What will you be doing? Once a week, for a 3-hour shift at one of our participating branches, you will work with staff and other volunteers to prepare bagged lunches.
Who are you? You enjoy being part of a team and take pride in supporting your community by helping to address food issues.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org