Food Programming Volunteers
Get Your Apron On!
Help us whip up a variety of edible and educational experiences for all ages. We're planning a series of food programs promoting the joy of cooking and the benefits of healthy eating.
We’ll provide everything you need. And yes, even the apron.
- Enjoy cooking and sharing your enthusiasm with others.
- Concerned about food security issues in your community.
- Eager to learn new skills and meet new people.
How to get started
- Take a look below at what opportunities need your help.
- Click the “Volunteer Now” link to submit your online application.
- Library staff will connect with you to set up a brief interview.
Can't find an opportunity that fits? Keep checking back. We'll be adding new projects.
Friday Community Café
Who will you be helping? Community members who enjoy social time and benefit from free and healthy morning snacks.
Who are you? You enjoy being part of a friendly team and taking care of your community. You love to be in the kitchen and serving others.
What will you be doing? For 3 hours on Friday mornings, you will join a small team of other volunteers and Library staff to prepare and serve breakfast snacks for the Friday Community Café. A part of your time will be to set up the pop-up café and then clean up when it's over.
Sackville, opens a new window
Fridays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM