Borrow to your heart's content. With a collection of over 1 million items, there's plenty to explore.
As a Library member, you can borrow up to 60 items at a time. You can also:
- Download e-books, audiobooks, and videos
- Use Library computers, iPads, Chromebooks, and other devices
- Access our digital resources from home
How to borrow
To become a member, all you need is a library card. If you don’t have one yet, get oneopens a new window for free!
- You'll need to present your library card to borrow items, and use public computers and devices. If you've forgotten your library card, you can use an appropriate piece of identification to borrow items.
- You can borrow items from any of our locations and return them to any of our locations (including our Community Return Locations).
- You can search our collection online and place items on hold to pick up in person.
If you can't make it to one of our locations, there are other ways to borrow too.
How long can you keep items?
Loan periods vary depending on the type of item you're borrowing. When you borrow an item, we'll offer you a receipt with a due date.
You'll need to return all items borrowed on your library card on time or you'll be charged a late fee for each day an item is late.
|Type of item||Loan Period||Renewals||Late Fee Per Item|
||21 days||3||$0.25 / day up to $10|
|DVDs and Blu-Rays*||7 days||3||$0.25 / day up to $10|
|High-demand and browsing items:
||7 days||None||$1.00 / day up to $10|
|Movies (Browsing DVDs and Blu-Rays over 300 minutes)*||21 days||None||$0.25 / day up to $10|
|Book Club Kits||42 days||None||$0.25 / day up to $10|
|Children's & Young Adult Collections:|
||21 days||3||$0.10 / day up to $4|
|Movies (DVDs and Blu-Rays)||7 days||3||$0.10 / day up to $4|
|High-demand and browsing items:
||21 days||None||$0.10 / day up to $4|
|Movies (Browsing DVDs and Blu-Rays)||7 days||None||$1.00 / day up to $4|
The Library also lends a variety of special collections, including light therapy lamps, radon detectors, pedometers, energy saving meters, walking poles, recreation facility passes, and thermal leak detectors. The loan periods for special collection items range from 14 days to 42 days, with fines not exceeding $0.25 / day to a maximum of $10 per item.
*You must be 18 years or older to borrow ‘Restricted’ DVDs and 14 years or older to borrow Adult DVDs.
Sometimes it makes sense to keep things longer. Maybe you're headed on vacation or travelling for work. We offer longer loan periods for some items. Visit or call any of our locations to find out more about vacation and special loans.
If you want to keep an item after its due date, you may have the option to renew (extend the number of days that you can borrow the item).
- Most items can be renewed up to 3 times.
- You cannot renew items that are in high demand or if they have been requested by another Library member.
- We won't charge late fees for items renewed online before 11:00 PM (Monday to Friday) or 8:00 PM (Saturday and Sunday) on the day they are due.
To check due dates or renew items, you can:
- Log in to your account on our website
- Visit or call any of our locations
- Call our automated Tele-Access Service at 902-490-5845
You can manage your account information and access digital resources by creating an account for our website.