Accessibility at Library Branches
All our locations offer unique environments to foster discovery, creativity, and engagement.
The following equipment is available at some or all of our branch locations.
Assistive technology workstations
All our Library desktop computers have NVDA Screen Reader programs installed. Also, large-print keyboards and optical trackball mice are available for use with public PCs at some locations. Ask us!
We also have clearly marked assistive technology workstations in our computer areas at the following branches.
You can drop in or book ahead.
All computers shut down 15 minutes before our location closes.
- Alderney Gate Public Library
- Captain William Spry Public Library
- Cole Harbour Public Library
- Dartmouth North Public Library
- Halifax Central Library
- Halifax North Memorial Public Library
- Keshen Goodman Public Library
- Sackville Public Library
- Tantallon Public Library
- Woodlawn Public Library
- Adjustable table for wheelchair access
- 24-inch screen for larger viewing
- Large-print keyboard
- JAWS 2020 screen reader software
- Windows 10 screen reader
- Windows 10 magnifier
- Standard Microsoft Office software
- Internet access
You can use this closed circuit television system (CCTV) to enlarge text from a page onto a screen, making it up to 50 times larger.
FM Personal Amplification System
This tool transmits sound from a microphone to a receiver via FM frequency. It can be used in conjunction with a hearing aid or earplugs.