Stream music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and more with hoopla.
Thousands of movies, TV shows, audiobooks, e-books, comic books, and music albums are at your fingertips with hoopla, opens a new window.
Take the Library with you wherever you go. You can stream content on your computer browser, smartphone and tablet (iOS 6 and Android 4.0+ or higher), or even your TV. Items can be downloaded for viewing offline on the hoopla app.
hoo can use it? How does it work?
All you need to get started is:
- A Halifax Public Libraries card, opens a new window
- A hoopla account, opens a new window
- The iOS, opens a new window or Android, opens a new window app, if you’re planning to use hoopla on a smartphone or tablet.
- Lending is based on titles per month instead of available copies, so you never have to wait in line.
- You can borrow up to 5 titles per month.
- E-books, comics, and audiobooks are available for 21 days.
- Music albums are available for 7 days.
- Movies and TV shows are available for 72 hours (3 days) after borrowing.
- When your lending period is over, hoopla will automatically remove the item from your list so you don’t have to worry about being late.
hoopla’s collection is updated weekly. With hundreds of titles in each genre, there are sure to be favourites for music, movie, TV and book lovers of all ages. Visit their website, opens a new window to browse the collection and latest additions.
Tips and common questions
Change your settings
hoopla allows you to customize account library, recommendations, email and password settings, If you’ve replaced your library card, updated your email address, or would like to turn on Kid’s mode, for example, you can update this information in your Settings. Here’s how:
- Visit this link, opens a new window in your web browser.
- If you are not already logged in, log in using your email and password.
- Update your information and preferences, and click Save.
What devices and browsers can I enjoy hoopla titles on?
Stream content in your web browser
All titles are available for streaming only while using the hoopla website, opens a new window on Windows and Mac computers. Streaming requires an active internet connection. You can stream in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari web browsers. Unfortunately, streaming hoopla content does not work in Internet Explorer or on the Linux operating system. If you’re encountering problems in your web browser, make sure your browser is up to date:
- Update Google Chrome, opens a new window
- Update Mozilla Firefox, opens a new window
- Update Safari, opens a new window
- Update Microsoft Edge, opens a new window
Stream and download content on the hoopla digital mobile app
Titles can be temporarily downloaded to iOS and Android devices using the hoopla mobile app, so you can enjoy content on the go by downloading the hoopla Digital app on the App Store, opens a new window or Google Play, opens a new window.
Extra help: Watch our how-to tutorial on Niche Academy