Status of Library Service
Table of Contents
News Media Contact
Our Library: Our Shared Space
Welcome back, and "Hello again!” We are excited to see you filling up your Library. All of our services and spaces are back, and you can once more eat and drink as you work and play.
Health and Safety at the Library effective March 21, 2022
Taking care of one another year-round.
You can visit your Library in ways that make you feel comfortable, and we ask that you consider the different comfort levels, health risks, and health needs of everyone around you.
- Masks are highly encouraged, and free masks are available for you. Just ask us! Please respect others’ decisions around masking.
- Some folks need a little more distance. Please be mindful of those around you and respect their personal space.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue.
- Stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell. Curbside Pick-up and E-Library services are here to help.
- Send a friend or family member to pick up a rapid test kit as needed.
Our Status of Library Service changes based on the latest public health and safety regulations and recommendations. Be sure to check here as restrictions change for Nova Scotia.
Many faces, different paces, sharing spaces. Let's be kind.
We're still here for you at home.
Share books, not viruses. Please stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
You can access entertaining and engaging Library services from home:
- Curbside Pick-up is a contactless pick-up service available at all locations. Learn how -to use our Curbside Pick-up.
- Our E-Library is open 24/7. Browse our online resources to see what interests you.
- Ask the Library customer service is available for information, reading recommendations, and research answers. Call us at 902-490-5753 or email AskLib@halifax.ca.
- Take part in virtual and Grab & Go activities. Check our What’s On calendar for dates and times.
- Need a card? Get a digital library card and start borrowing from home now.