Donate Local History Titles
The Library collects materials related to Halifax County and Nova Scotia, as well as select materials about New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
In particular, we're looking for:
- Church histories
- Cook books
- Community history
- Genealogy indexes and transcriptions
- Government documents
- Halifax County magazines and community papers
- Natural history
- Newspapers on microfilm
- 19th and 20th century maps of Halifax and Nova Scotia
- Peoples of the Maritimes (Acadians, Mi’kmaq, Loyalists, African Nova Scotians, etc.)
- Published family histories
- Ships, shipping, and shipwrecks
- Studies on culture, economy, institutions, transportation, sports, etc.
- Telephone and city directories
- Vintage tourist pamphlets and guidebooks
There are some materials we cannot accept:
- Archival manuscripts and records
- Musty, water-damaged, missing pages, or highlighted passages
- Unpublished family histories
All donations need to meet our guidelines for donating books and other items.