We offer a unique space for everyone on Dartmouth's waterfront:
- From our 2nd floor, you'll find one of the city's best views of the Halifax Harbour, and a comfy and inspiring space for youth.
- Book any of our 3 meeting rooms or a computer lab.
- See Dawn MacNutt’s lovely sculptures, “Kindred Spirits,” located outside our branch on the south side of the building.
- Explore our permanent display of artifacts from the Dartmouth Heritage Museum or check out local art. Each month we feature a new artist in the display area near our Information Desk.
What to expect
You'll find lots of space to relax and a range of activities, from quiet time in our computer lab to a social chat with friends.
On a typical day, you might find:
- Preschool activities on the second floor.
- Fun and inviting events in the main areas of the branch, including music performances, crafts and activities for kids, and even the occasional food tasting!
- Staff offering 1-on-1 technology lessons—they might be answering a question on the fly or giving someone a longer tutorial (you can book these sessions).
It's easy to reach us by public transit: lots of bus routes stop outside our building, and the Alderney Ferry Terminal is just steps away.
We're connected to the Alderney Landing Community Cultural Centre, which houses: Alderney Landing Theatre, the Craig Gallery, an outdoor stage and plaza, and a weekend Farmer’s Market—look for us there every Saturday morning!
The Ferry Terminal Park is right outside and has a playground for kids. And, there are plenty of delicious restaurants in vibrant downtown Dartmouth.