You'll feel right at home in this cozy branch:
- Enjoy our fun, modern space with an easy, single help desk.
- Use our dedicated study space—it is for all ages and can be used for different kinds of activities.
- Access the internet and work on one of our 7 computers. There are plenty of Chromebooks and iPads to use during your visit too!
What to expect
We're proud to be a part of Bedford's unique and diverse community. Our staff knows about the local history and they're invested in Bedford's vibrant future.
We're a great place to celebrate longstanding local traditions, including Bedford Days and the Light-Up Bedford Parade.
On a typical day, you'll:
- Meet people from different countries, including lots of newcomers gathered for our English Language Learning programs.
- See people participating in one of our events, from writers' group to French language classes for grandparents.
- Find a place to meet people, whether over a magazine, crossword puzzle, or in our boisterous family area that's full of fun activities for kids.
- Benefit from ample parking space, which doubles as a free play area in the summer.
- The branch first opened in 1968.
- We've been in our current location since 1990.
- We're home to the Fort Sackville Foundation local history collection, published by our neighbours at Scott Manor House.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Make the Library part of your day out. We're conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, parks and more.