Captain William Spry Public Library is conveniently located in the Captain William Spry Community Centre. We're a gathering place for our community. Meet your neighbours, learn new skills, volunteer, or attend an event. We're a welcoming space for all, with:
- Soft seating areas and a dedicated children's play area.
- Study carrels and places to plug in.
- Weekly events for kids, preteens, and teens.
- An English Language Learning program and adult literacy tutoring.
- Public computers to access the internet or make use of a variety of software applications.
- A collection of historic Spryfield photos and building models displayed throughout the branch—made possible through a partnership with the Mainland South Heritage Society.
What to expect
On a typical day, you may see:
- Young children and their caregivers attending an event.
- Kids hanging out in the play area.
- Teens doing homework and playing board games with friends.
- Our friendly staff helping people use computers.
- Readers reading.
- Seniors playing bridge.
- Tutors teaching students.
- Adults attending a craft program.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
The Captain William Spry Community Centreopens a new window, where we're based, also houses the Wave swimming pool and a fitness gym which hosts classes. There is a playground and skate park on the grounds.
The YWCA, Spryfield Boys and Girls Club, the Urban Farm, and Chebucto Connections are all nearby.