Keshen Goodman Public Library is a lively, bustling centre of activity in the Clayton Park area that boasts a:
- Large, light and airy space with high ceilings.
- Cozy café with a fireplace.
- Dedicated area for kids.
- Collection of technology resources: iPads, Google Chromebooks, public access computers with WiFi and a variety of software–we even have a PlayStation 4!
What to expect
You’ll find people connecting with friends, online or in person. We offer a warm and welcoming space that reflects the diverse community we serve. You'll meet people and hear languages from all across the globe.
On a typical day, you might find:
- Families playing together in the children’s area, or kids building with LEGO or crafting.
- Tables filled with students and tutors—whether it's high school students getting help with math, or newcomers practicing English.
- Adults gathering to chat, play games, or attend one of our many events.
- A group of seniors playing cards or knitting.
- Our Treats Café packed with parents and little ones recharging after a morning of stories, teens stopping in for lunch, or adults reading the day's paper.
- The building opened in 2001.
- It's 25,000 square feet, with 20 foot ceilings.
- The Library received the 2002 Lieutenant-Governor's Design Award for Architecture.
- Building was made possible thanks to the generous bequest left by Marion Keshen in honour of the Keshen Goodman family.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Make the Library part of your day out. We're conveniently located on the edge of Clayton Park’s Mainland Common, near fitness centres, shopping, restaurants, theatres, and more: