Conveniently located in downtown Lower Sackville, the Sackville Public Library is a brisk centre of activity that boasts a:
- Large, light-filled space with vaulted ceilings and large windows overlooking a community green space—which is transformed into a garden in the summer and a free outdoor skating rink in the winter.
- Dedicated area for youth and families.
- Quiet area and 2 study rooms.
- Large multi-purpose rooms for events.
- Collection of technology resources: iPads, Chromebooks, public computers, and 3 different types of gaming stations!
What to Expect
We offer a a warm, accessible, and inclusive space for people of all ages. You'll see neighbours connecting with one another and meeting new people.
On a typical day, you might find:
- Children and their caretakers throughout the Library.
- Youth crowded around the computers and playing video games.
- Adults gathered at the back of the Library reading books and magazines.
- An event happening in the open space in the middle of the branch or in one of our multipurpose rooms.
- Art displayed by local talent.
- We're the home of the old Acadia School and right next door to Acadia Hall and Park.
- HRM Recreation and Customer Services are located in the same building.
- We have a number of strong connections with local community groups.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
We're located in downtown Lower Sackville, near bus routes, movie theatre, local gyms, and even a year-round costume store. Grab a coffee and come on in!
- Acadia Hall, opens a new window which has a playground and free skating rink
- Sackville Sports Stadium, opens a new window