The Sheet Harbour Public Library is a cornerstone of the communities along the beautiful Eastern Shore. It boasts a:
- Large, bright space with high ceilings located in a natural setting with scenic views of the ocean.
- Great selection of the latest movies.
- Collection of technology resources: iPads, public computers, printing, scanning, and a variety of software—we even have a PlayStation 4 at our gaming station!
- WiFi that extends to our outdoor space.
What to expect
You’ll feel welcome at the Library whether you have lived on the Eastern Shore your whole life, are staying for the summer, or are just visiting for the day.
On any given day, you may see:
- Families playing together in the children’s area or learning on iPads.
- Seniors working on a puzzle or community art project together.
- Adults gathering to chat about the latest book club pick.
- Teens reading with younger students.
- Children in friendly competition at the gaming station.
- People of all ages browsing for movies to watch.
- The Library opened in this building—previously a public school—in 1992.
- Neighbours in the Bluewater Building include Halifax Recreation, the Eastern Shore Musquodoboit Valley Literacy Network, the YMCA Nova Scotia Works Employment Centre, and the Sheet Harbour and Area Chamber of Commerce.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Make the Library part of your day out. We're conveniently located on Highway 7, the main route through the Eastern Shore, near: