Tantallon Public Library serves communities of Upper Hammonds Plains, St. Margaret’s Bay, and portions of the South Shore, including Peggy’s Cove. When you visit us, you'll find a:
- Comfortable lounge for socializing and reading.
- Space to work—there are study carrels available.
- Variety of technology resources including an Assistive Technology Computer station.
- Well-loved and busy preschool play area, and an open space for school-aged children to read or play.
- Dedicated social area for teens.
- Multi-purpose room for events and presentations.
- Collection of autism tools, including visual timers, ghost suits, weighted stuffed animals, and egg chairs and floor pillows that you can move around.
What to expect
We're one of the only free indoor spaces in the area, and we welcome visitors of all ages. There's almost always some form of activity happening, whether planned by the Library or hosted by other community members.
On a typical day, you might find:
- Young families playing together in the children’s areas.
- Crowds of preschoolers attending weekly events.
- Adults gathered for instructional and educational presentations.
- Teens socializing, volunteering, or getting some after school tutoring.
- Knitters, quilters, and other artists displaying their work.
- Staff offering 1-on-1 tutorials for using new technology.
- Players enjoying board and video games.
- An event hosted by community groups, including the St. Margaret’s Bay Gardening Club and Transition Bay.
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Make the Library part of your day out. We're conveniently located near the Beechville Lakeside Timberlea section of Rails to Trails, opens a new window as well as: