Meet your new best friend and mentor, Lynda. Pick from more than 4,000 video tutorials taught by industry experts on a wide range of topics including business, photography, graphic design, project management, animation, audio and music production, web design, marketing, job interview preparation, public speaking, and much more.
To log in:
- Install the app from your device’s app store. The app is available for iOS, Android, Windows, Desktop, and Roku/Apple TV devices.
- Click Already a member?
- Click the Organization tab. Find the Web Portal section and enter Halifax Public Libraries' organization URL: halifax.caopens a new window.
- Enter your library card barcode number and PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you have changed it) and accept the Terms of Service.
- Note: exercise files, notes, transcripts, and bookmarks are not currently available on the app.
2. In your web browser
- Select the E-Library menu from the navigation menu at the top of our website, and then click Lynda.com under the Resources heading, or bookmark and visit the direct link: https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=halifax.ca
- Enter your Library Card Number and your PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you have changed it).
- If you have never used Lynda.com before, select No, I’ve never had an account.
- Create your profile by filling in the fields and select Save.