Words are traveling near and far by bus, and we want you to capture them. You could win a set of 10 postcard prints featuring this year's poems and artwork.
As part of The Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia, Halifax Public Libraries, and Halifax Regional Municipality's 2020 Poetry in Motion Transit project, 10 poems by Nova Scotian writers have been featured inside buses in the Halifax Regional Municipality and Cape Breton. We hope they bring inspiration to your commute!
Your task? Spot a poem on your travels on the bus! Hint: Look up!
- How to enter: If you see a poem in motion, snap a picture and tag it on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with #PoetryinMotionNS.
- You must share your post on a public account so we can see the entry.
- Contest closes November 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- Every picture shared counts as one entry.
- Reminder: Masks are required on public transit.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Winners will be selected by random draw, announced and contacted the week of November 30.
Poetry in Motion contributors
Poetry by Asha Jeffers, Vanessa Lent, Tiffany Morris, Sue Goyette, Evelyn C. White, Anna Quon, Lorri Neilsen Glenn, Nanci Lee, Nolan Natasha, and Samantha Sternberg.
Illustrations by Sarah MacDonald.
With thanks to Arts Nova Scotia.