Access a collection of e-books that compile business plans created by and for entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses. This is a great resource for new or established businesses, and contains plenty of examples about how to develop a winning business plan.
Business & Law
CANSIM is Statistics Canada's main socioeconomic database. Updated daily, this unique resource provides access to a large range of the latest statistics relating on a variety topics including: Aboriginal Peoples, agriculture, business performance and ownership, construction and housing, culture, demography, domestic and international trade, education, energy, environment and natural resources, finance, health and social conditions, income and wealth, justice, labour, manufacturing, prices and price indexes, transportation, travel and tourism, and more.
Can only be accessed when visiting our Central Library.
Access more than 4,000 periodicals from around the world from leading international news sources like The New York Times and The Guardian to our local newspaper, The Chronicle Herald.
Access more than 100,000,000 articles on a wide range of topics from academic works to homework help for kids. The Gale Reference Centre gives you one-stop access to resources about more than 20 subjects including agriculture, biography, business, communications and mass media, criminal justice, health and wellness, pop culture, interactive science and much, much more.
Can only be accessed from Halifax Public Libraries branches.
Grant Connect is a fundraising platform that connects charities with funders who share their cause. Find new prospects by searching comprehensive data managed by an expert research team.
With Grant Connect, you have access to:
- Over 11,000 Canadian foundations, 560 corporate giving programs, 370 government grant programs, 120 American foundations, and 200 other kinds of grant opportunities.
- Funder profiles that offer insights on specific grant programs, application preferences, financial summaries, and key decision-makers, and more.
- Data on billions of dollars in past donations, categorized by size, cause, population, and region.
- Targeted search filters that help you quickly find the right funder for your charity by gift size, deadline, type of support, and more.
Use this legal research tool to access the Criminal Code and read related commentary including:
- Full text of all versions of the Criminal Code dating (1955-onwards)
- Cross-references, synopses, and annotations from Martin's Annual Criminal Code (1955-onwards)
- Forms of charges (1970-onwards)
- Cases referred to in Martin's case law annotations
This comprehensive collection of Canadian and international periodicals covers multiple subjects, with millions of full-text records:
- The Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database includes more than 700 trade publications, more than 500 scholarly journals, 483 magazines, as well as news reports, radio and television transcripts, dissertations, and more.
- The Canadian Major Dailies database archives news from 24 national and regional newspapers including the National Post, the Globe and Mail, Montreal Gazette, and the Chronicle Herald.
This collection also includes select international publications, including The Guardian, The Atlantic Monthly, The Economist, Newsweek and many more.