New Patient Education Pamphlets added to the Catalogue
From asthma to fibromyalgia, and wisdom tooth extraction to thoracentesis, these pamphlets cover common and specialized health information.
Written by Nova Scotia Health Authority professionals, the pamphlets are easy to read and offer details that bring familiarity to an unknown process.
Find a Local Group or Organization
Need to read up on a Health Concern?
- Health and Wellness Resource Centre
Find information on a variety of topics including fitness, pregnancy, diseases, and prescription drugs.
Search Tips (PDF)| Video Tutorial
- Health Reference Centre Academic
Find information on nursing, allied health, and general personal health.
Find information on the latest treatments, drugs, and supplements. MedlinePlus is the website for the (US) National Institutes of Health.
Easy-to-use website featuring basic health & wellness information for older adults. Users are able to make the text bigger, change text color, or hear the text read aloud.
- Nova Scotia Health Authority Patient Pamphlets
Almost 1000 educational brochures about treatments and managing health conditions. Written in plain language by clinical staff at Nova Scotia Health Authority .
- The Cochrane Library
Health information, especially clinical trial summaries.
- Plain English Medical Dictionary
- Medline Plus Medical Dictionary
- Health Information and the Internet – Evaluating Online Resources
Suggested Resource Lists
- You and Your Pharmacist (Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia)
Parenting & Kids
Preparing for Your Doctor's Appointment
- Health Passport (for all ages)
- Where Does It Hurt? (tool for describing your pain)
- How to work as a team with your doctor and pharmacist (PDF)
- PSA: Questions are the Answers [video]
- Making the Most of Your Doctor's Appointment
- Quick Tips series:
- Talking to Your Doctor
Health materials are carefully selected and updated often to ensure we always have the most accurate medical and health information on hand for you. Knowledge is power so take control of your health and learn more about traditional and alternative medicines, specific diseases and conditions, coping with illness, or just general fitness and nutrition.