The Halifax Public Libraries Board's Regular Meetings are convened in public session. Residents and representatives of community associations and interest groups may attend and address the Board as a delegation. In order to appear as a delegation, the following conditions must be met:
- Written request to speak as a delegation must be submitted, in writing, to the Chief Executive Officer at least one week prior to the date of the Board Meeting. The request must include details in full of the issue to be addressed and name the organization or interested parties to be represented.
- The Board reserves the right to request any additional information regarding a particular issue or association.
- Delegations will be provided with a maximum of 10 minutes to make presentation to the Board. No more than two persons per delegation may speak to address one issue.
- The Board reserves the right to limit the number of delegations per meeting.
- A delegation may not address the Board on the same issue a second time.
- Delegations may choose to remain for the balance of the public meeting but may not speak to other items on the agenda.
- The Board, through the Chief Executive Officer, will communicate its decision to the delegation in writing. The Board is not obligated to respond or make a decision at the time of presentation.