The Centre for Equitable Library Access, opens a new window (CELA) collection includes more than 450,000 items on a range of subjects and genres for all ages. Access to the CELA collection is available only to people with print disabilities.
To get started with CELA, you’ll need to register in person at any of our locations, or use your library card number to self-register online. CELA will confirm your registration and give you access to the collection within five business days.
Direct-to-Player books for your DAISY Player
The Direct-to-Player text and audio formats allow you to download items straight to your DAISY player.
To download Direct-to-Player titles, you’ll always need to use the same Wi-Fi network. You’ll also need one of the following compatible DAISY players:
Finding DAISY Direct-to-Player books on the CELA website
To find DAISY Direct-to-Player books on the CELA website:
- Visit the CELA Library website in your web browser.
- Search for a title, keyword or author that interests you. Tip: If you haven’t signed up with Bookshare (proof of disability is required), you may want to use the Filters for the search results to limit the collection to CELA.
- When you find a title you’re interested in, choose the DAISY text (Direct-to-Reader) or DAISY audio (Direct-to-Player) format, and click Get it!
- You’ll see a message saying “Item added to your bookshelf and will be available shortly. View your bookshelf in My Account.”
Your CELA Direct-to-Player bookshelf
Once you click Get it! from the search results, your items are automatically added to your Direct-to-Player bookshelf. To view the items on your Direct-to-Player bookshelf in CELA, choose My Account in the message or toolbar. Once you’re in your account, choose the Direct-to-Player bookshelf under My books and magazines.
- It will take a few minutes for titles to appear on your Direct-to-Player bookshelf.
- CELA customers may choose to receive new content through automatic selection allowing the CELA team will choose content for you! You can contact CELAanytime to set up automatic selection.
Setting up your Victor Reader
To get started with Direct-to-Player on your Victor Reader, complete the Direct-to-Player configuration form. Once you complete the form, someone from the CELA team will contact you to set up your player. You can also contact CELA's Contact Centre and ask to get set up for Direct-to-Player service.
Once your DAISY player is configured and connected to the network you provided to CELA, any items on your Direct-to-Player bookshelf will download to your device.
If you are experiencing a problem with downloading books, please contact the CELA Contact Centre at 1-855-655-2273 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore more CELA How-to blogs from the Library, here, opens a new window.