Serving the public is always a priority for Halifax Public Libraries, and right now, our community members’ best interests are on all our minds.
On March 16, we made the difficult decision to close our branches. When we close our branches, community members who rely on the Library for information, comfort, socialization, or even a small daily snack have fewer places to go. Closing our doors causes a ripple effect across our community, and we take the responsibility of addressing these impacts seriously.
Right now, we are all seeking human connection and reassurance. Today, we are pleased to launch our Ask the Library phone line: an additional way for community members to connect with us, talk to our helpful staff, and find information.
Even though we are currently closed, your Library is just a call away, offering regular Library support during regular Library hours.
This service is available to use for all of our community members. Give us a call, or share this news with friends and family who may be looking for more information during this time.
You can call us at 902-490-5753.
- Find out the current status of Library service and closures.
- Ask us anything you normally would at our Help Desk.
- Ask us informational questions, including basic questions about COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- Get reading recommendations or E-Library support.
- Chat and catch up. We miss talking to you!
Phone line hours
The phone line will be staffed:
You can also email us your questions at AskLib@halifax.ca, and our team will work to answer in a timely manner.
The email will be staffed:
Additional ways to stay in touch
- Our website will be kept up-to-date with new ideas, resources, and adapted programs from our team.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to enjoy daily content and conversation.