We are proud to offer Prospect Road communities a new way to borrow books. A Library Kiosk has been installed in the Prospect Road Community Centre.
The Library Kiosk will always be stocked with a diverse range of books for all ages and interests.
You can borrow and return books as you please—right there in your community. This kiosk marks our fifth permanent Library installation in the wider Halifax area. You may have seen our other kiosks at Halifax Stanfield International Airport, St. Andrew's Recreation Centre in Bayers Westwood, Gordon R. Snow Community Centre in Fall River, and the Horizon Recreation Centre in Eastern Passage.
Using the kiosk
- Scan your library card and enter your PIN number. (Hint: try the last 4 digits of your phone number)
- The door to the kiosk will open like a fridge.
- Browse the shelves for your next read. You can take the books in and out, read the back, judge them by the covers (we all do it).
- Once you’ve made your selection, simply close the door. The kiosk will take inventory of the books you have borrowed and print a receipt for your records.
It’s just like borrowing from any Library branch. Books are checked out for 3-week loan periods and can be returned to the following locations:
• The Library Kiosk
• Any Halifax Public Libraries branch, opens a new window or Book Drop—including the one at the Prospect Road Community Centre
• Any participating "Borrow Anywhere, Return Anywhere" library location, opens a new window in Nova Scotia
Need a card? Get a card
To get a library card, visit any Halifax Public Libraries branch or sign up here, online., opens a new window