Cinderella dressed in green,
Went upstairs to get ice cream,
She spilled her shake,
How many napkins did it take?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7....
It's no secret that your Library offers more than books. We have movies, music, and programs galore, plus a whole lot of specialty items that go far beyond books.
But did you know we also offer kits that are filled to the brim with outdoor games and toys?
Our Be Fit Kits are designed to help kids be active while having fun.
Take what's inside, outside
Our Be Fit Kits include a variety of activities for kids (and kids at heart) to enjoy:
- 1 mini Nerf soccer ball
- 2 Nerf flying discs
- 2 skipping ropes (9 ft. and 7 ft.)
- 2 stretch chickens
- 3 juggling scarves
- 3 easy-grip sensory balls (2 large and 1 small)
- 6 bean bags
- 6 coloured plastic cone ground markers (for sports drills, "home base," etc.)
The kits also include books to help inspire your outdoor fun:
- 1 Physical Literacy Play Kits booklet
- 1 Funtervals booklet
- 1 information packet
- 1 picture book: What I can see, I Can Be by Janet Williams
Grab a Be Fit Kit and let the fun begin
Check out a Be Fit Kit just like you would a book.
- Place a hold in our catalogue or contact your local branch to request a kit.
- The kit will be checked out as one item for 3 weeks and may be renewed.
- Please return the Be Fit Kit to a Service Desk. Please do not return the kits through our book drops.
Get outside with your family or friends, and enjoy the power of play!