This year was one for the books—literally!
Inspired by the popular Spotify Wrapped campaign, let's take a deep dive into how you used your Library in 2022, and celebrate some top borrowed books, resources, and stats of the year.
In 2022, our collections were off the charts
- You let us add to your #TBR pile from these top three staff lists, opens a new window:
- For the second year in a row, these authors topped our book-borrowing charts:
Your E-Library was just a click away
- From January to October, these were our top-used online resources, opens a new window:
- 1,102,444 OverDrive e-Books and Audiobooks, opens a new window borrowed.
- 124,616 OverDrive e-Magazines, opens a new window borrowed.
- 184,163 PressReader, opens a new window magazines and newspaper issues borrowed.
- 23,304 Family history documents retrieved through Ancestry Library Edition., opens a new window
We saw a 10% increase in website page views overall—thanks for checking in on us!
Social media was your source for all things us
- Our top-played trivia on Instagram Stories was Book Quotes, with 306 players.
- Your favourite 2022 video on our YouTube, opens a new window channel was Mary's African Cuisine Workshop: Okra Stew, opens a new window with 1,204 views.
- We trended on TikTok, opens a new window, with 5,696 views on our Mega Domino Topple, opens a new window video.
- You loved seeing Library moments, meaningful conversations, and creative content on Instagram, opens a new window—we see you, Library Wrapped 2021.
At home and in person, our programs stood out
- From January to October, adults and youth loved our in-branch activities and take-home kits. We organized a combined total of 864 activities and kits, counting 86,694 participants—this number doesn't include our popular warm drinks, snacks, and lunches served at our Library locations!
- Adults, opens a new window: In Conversation: Peter Mansbridge, with 210 attendees.
- Teens, opens a new window: From Passion to Profession with Teens Now Talk, with 141 attendees.
- Kids, opens a new window: Pajama Party, with 105 attendees.
Top-attended Adult virtual program:
- African Heritage Month Opening Night, with 985 attendees.
- 5,705 kids took part in the TD Summer Reading Club., opens a new window
And these stats were especially awesome
- We received 21,955 new library card, opens a new window sign-ups. Starting a new chapter together—we love it!
- From January to October, we had 1,986,133 people visit the Library—as of December, we are well over 2,000,000 visits.
- Our top visited branches were:
That's a wrap! Thank you for making us a part of your year—see you in 2023, Halifax.
Want a refresher on how this year's stats stack up? Revisit Your Library Wrapped 2021., opens a new window