Prepare for howling winds, creepy characters, ghostly ships, strange apparitions, and things that go “bump” in the night.
For 30 years, we've been hosting the Annual Ghost Story Writing Contest along with the Helen Creighton Folklore Society. We're inviting youth to get creative with thoughts of spooky spirits and mysterious creatures, and submit their best campfire story.
- The contest is open to youth ages 7 to 15.
- Submit your ghostly tale in one of the following age categories: 7-9, 10-12, and 13-15.
- The contest runs until Monday, September 2, 2019.
- The story must be your own work: either an original piece, or a retelling (in your own words) of a ghost story that you’ve heard.
- Judges will pick the two ghostliest stories in each age category to receive book prizes.
- Winners will be announced and all entrants honoured at an awards ceremony at the Alderney Gate Public Library on Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 2:15pm.
- Limit of one story per writer. Individual entries only; group or class submissions will not be accepted.
For more information, please call Alderney Gate Public Library Youth Services at 902-490-5748.
Good luck and may the spooookiest writer win!