Public Computers & Devices
Log on and enjoy
As a library member, you can use public computers and other devices for free when you visit any of our locations.
All branches have public computers and printing facilities.
- You can book a computer in advance.
- You'll need your library card to book a computer and sign on.
- To make sure everyone gets access, some locations have a daily time limit or there may be limited access during planned events.
- Our public computers have internet access and a mix of software, including Windows Ease of Access Centre.
- Some locations also have assistive technology workstations.
If you're looking for a computer with specific software or capabilities, we recommend calling your local branch to see what's available.
Need a Chromebook or tablet but don't have access to one? We've got you covered!
Every Library branch has a Tech Kiosk available for lending devices for in-Library use. You can quickly and easily borrow an iPad, and at some locations, a Chromebook, for up to two hours of in-branch use to browse the web, send emails, play games, finish schoolwork, and more.
How-to guide, opens a new window: Check out our step-by-step video tutorial on Niche Academy, opens a new window and you'll be ready to borrow! Note: This service requires a library card. Visit our Get a Card page to get yours today.
- Use one of these lightweight laptops for up to 2 hours during your visit. If no one is waiting to use it next, you may want to use it for longer. Ask a staff member for assistance on extending your borrow time.
- This is a great option for surfing the web and using a variety of web applications.
- Chromebooks are available at many of our branches. Reach out to your branch or visit an Info Desk to confirm.
- Use one of these touch screen tablets for up to 2 hours during your visit. If no one is waiting to use it next, you may want to use it for longer. Ask a staff member for assistance on extending your borrow time.
- Our iPads come pre-loaded with a range of apps, and are a great option for surfing the web, reading an e-book, or even playing Angry Birds!
- iPads are available at all our branches.
We've got talking pens! These handheld devices are an engaging and memorable way to practice and hear new languages while you're reading at the Library. Just run the tip of the PENPal across the pages of our special dual language books to listen to stories in English and one of over a dozen other languages.
- Use a PENPal at any of our locations for up to 3 hours during your visit.
- PENPal devices are available at Central Library, Keshen Goodman Public Library, and Woodlawn Public Library.
- Read more in our blog post about PENPals
Video game consoles
A number of our locations have PlayStation and/or Xbox video game consoles that you can use during your visit.