Books and libraries hold a special place in our heart, and we know that we aren’t alone.
Here are a few of our favourite quotes from people who share our love of these community and literary treasures.
- “I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.” – Jorge Luis Borges
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” – Anna Quindlen
- “Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.” – Alberto Manguel
- “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” – Mason Cooley
- “The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” – Albert Einstein
- “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman in Coraline
- “The contents of a library can take you further than your own imagination could begin to imagine. To open a book is to open your mind.” – Amberle Cianne
- “When I got my library card, that was when my life began.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” – Annie Dillard
- “Libraries always remind me that there are good things in this world.” – Lauren Ward
- “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card.” – Marc Brown
- “A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams.” – Doug Wilhelm
- “Reading brings us unknown friends.” – Honoré Balzac
- “Public libraries are the heart and soul of any community. They are a place to read and think and browse and dream.” – Mary McNear
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
Do you have a favourite quote about books, reading, or libraries? Let us know in the comments!