The TD Summer Reading Club is a free program that encourages kids (ages 3+) to read over their summer break from school. The program is adaptable to kids of all ages, interests, and abilities.
It gives kids an opportunity to learn and grow with each story. Kids set their own points goal, track their activities, and report back at the Library to earn prizes throughout the summer.
How it works
Registration for the 2022 TD Summer Reading Club is now closed. Check back in Spring 2023 for information on the 2023 TD Summer Reading Club!
2. Earn points
When you sign up for TD Summer Reading Club, you'll set your points goal for the summer.
Reading is more than just picking up a book. Kids can build literacy skills without even realizing it; by telling a story about their day, drawing a picture, or helping write a grocery list.
Kids also learn through play, so we encourage kids to stretch their imaginations to earn points in unique ways.
Kids can earn points by:
- Reading, reading, reading—to themselves or someone else
- Telling a joke
- Drawing a picture
- Writing a story
- Exploring a museum
- Conducting a science experiment
- Singing a song
- Playing a board game
- Making a craft
- Putting on a play
- Anything that works your brain will help you gain!
- Visit the TD Summer Reading Club website, opens a new window for more ideas.
3. Keep track of your points
Keep track of your points on our Logbook page. Reporting on 2022 points closed September 11, 2022.
It's no surprise...summer is a prize! By joining the TD Summer Reading Club and hitting your points goal, you will be entered to win amazing prizes.
Congratulations to our 2022 Grand Prize Winners, and to all who took part in the TD Summer Reading Club. Congratulations on hitting your goals!
- Library Extravaganza!: Rachel, Keshen Goodman Public Library
- A new bike and helmet from CycleSmith Halifax: Lincoln, Woodlawn Public Library
- $200 gift card for LEGO.com: Jonas, Bedford Public Library
- Nintendo Switch Lite with game: Star, Preston Township Library Office
- Jumbo Squishmallow: Julia, Central Library
- Nova Scotia Museums Family Pass: Zoe, Sackville Public Library
Early Bird Prizes
- One pass to the Blue Jays Baseball Academy: Brody, Bedford Public Library
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Rules and regulations
Contest eligibility: All draws are subject to Halifax Public Libraries' Contest Ineligibility Policy.
Prize details: Prizes may not be exactly as shown. Halifax Public Libraries makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prizes are not transferable and there are no substitutions (in cash or otherwise). The Library reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
Prize notification and pick-up: Upon drawing, a parent or guardian of draw prize winners will be contacted via the telephone number provided during registration to inform them of the win. If the Library is unable to contact the parent or guardian within three (3) weeks of the draw, another winner will be selected. Draw prizes not picked up within six (6) weeks of the draw will be awarded to another eligible person.
Announcement of winners: The first names and registration numbers of the draw prize winners may be published on the Library website, and we may request the winner and parent/guardian permission to take a photo for website and/or social media use.