How Do I : Place a Hold?
Placing a Hold
There are three ways to place a hold:
- Searching Discover: the library's online catalogue and placing the hold yourself (see instructions below).
- Contacting your local branch for help.
- Using the Ask a Librarian form to request your item.
Instructions for placing a hold via the Library’s catalogue:
Find the item you want:
- Go to the Discover: the library's online catalogue.
- Enter a search for the item.
(TIP: You can search by title, author or subject.)
- Click on the the item you want.
- Now that you’ve found your item, you are ready to place your hold.
Put your name on the list:
- If you are in a branch and the book status says "checked in," simply go get the book.
( TIP: If you need help just ask one of our friendly staff.)
- If you are at home or the book status is not "checked in" then you can place a hold. Click the "place hold" button on the right side of the screen (you may have to scroll down).
- You will be asked to enter your library barcode and "PIN" number.
( If you do not know your PIN, it is probably the last four digits of your phone number.)
- Choose a branch location for your hold.
That is all! The Library will notify you when your hold arrives.