60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, NS, B2Y 4P8
or 1-800-565-4414 (long distance calls only, please)
Email: Borrow by Mail
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Books, movies and CDs direct to your mailbox!
Borrow by Mail is available to residents of HRM who:
- live in an area not served by a library branch
- are eligible for Home Delivery but the service is not currently available in that community
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions for eligibility requirements
Borrow by Mail is a free service. Material will be mailed to you with a pre-paid postage label you will use to return the items. There are no overdue fines on anything sent to you from Borrow by Mail, but you are responsible for lost or damaged material.
Material is available in regular or large print, DVD, and CD formats. Once you are registered for the service, there are several ways to select material:
- Place your own requests on the library’s online Discover catalogue at discover.halifaxpubliclibraries.ca and select Borrow by Mail as your pickup location
- Contact staff directly and they will make the requests for you
- Complete the request form sent to you with each delivery
- Select material from the Update, a list of popular fiction and non-fiction titles mailed to Borrow by Mail clients every two months
- Staff can select material for you, based on your interests
To find out more about this service or to register please contact Borrow by Mail at the phone number or email above.
Community-Led Service Manager