All of our branches have parking available.
Parking is first come, first served.
Free parking is available at most of our branches. Many of these locations have accessible parking spots too.
- Alderney Gate (mix of free and paid parking, see below)
- Bedford (accessible spaces)
- Captain William Spry (accessible spaces)
- Cole Harbour (accessible spaces)
- Dartmouth North
- Halifax North Memorial (located behind the Library)
- J.D. Shatford (located behind the Library)
- Keshen Goodman (accessible spaces)
- Musquodoboit Harbour
- Sackville (accessible spaces)
- Sheet Harbour
- Tantallon (accessible spaces)
Paid parking is available at 2 of our branches:
There is 1 parking option at Alderney Gate Public Library with accessible parking spots.
Alderney Drive (Ferry Terminal)
The outdoor parking lot has:
- Metered parking
- A limited number of free, 30 minute parking spaces
- Free parking on evenings and weekends
There is underground parking available:
- Open 7 days a week from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM, now including holidays
- 15 minute free parking for customers running quick errands
- Space for 87 cars and 50 bikes
- $2/hour on weekdays and holidays to a daily maximum of $20
- $1/hour on weekends to a daily maximum of $5
- You can pay by debit, VISA, MasterCard, or cash
Information for suppliers and event hosts
- If you’re renting a space at our Central Library, your rental contract gives you access to the underground parking until 2:00 AM.
- We’re unable to offer free parking as a part of our rental contract, but you could opt to reimburse parking fees for people who attend your event.
- Parkade clearance: 2 meters (or 6 feet)
Additional parking downtown
There are many other public parking options available near our Central Library, including:
- Metered parking on the surrounding streets (typically free on weekends and holidays)
- A number of public parkades, opens a new window including the nearby Park Lane
Keep in mind that parking downtown can be limited during large gatherings and events, for example the Tattoo, holiday parades, concerts, and sports events.