Reading, Writing, Math Skills & GED Preparation
We think it's never too late to pick up where you left off and learn more. Ask us how we can help you begin upgrading your education for free.
With a tutor, you can:
- Improve your skills in reading, writing, and math.
- Prepare for your GED (General Education Development) test.
What you will be doing
- meet weekly with your volunteer tutor for 1-on-1 sessions.
- set a learning plan that fits your schedule.
- set learning goals to reach at your own pace.
- over 19 years old.
- have not completed a high school diploma.
- have been out of school for one year or more.
Where and when
We have been careful in planning your Library experience, for your safety and convenience. Tell us which location, day, and time fits your schedule best from September 2020 to June 2021.
Fridays, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Fridays, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Captain William Spry Public Library
Tuesdays, 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Tuesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Halifax Central Library
Thursdays, 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Halifax North Memorial Public Library
Mondays, 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Mondays, 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Keshen Goodman Public Library
Mondays, 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Mondays, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Ready to learn? Apply now!
- Call Sandy Crocker at (902) 490-6378, or
- Write a message below and we will contact you.
We are always looking for Adult Literacy volunteer tutors. Learn more about volunteering with this program.
These resources are placeholders
Our Literacy Upgrading Program is presented in partnership with the Halifax Community Learning Network and made possible by support from: